I made these rolls for the first time today and they are amazing. I tried letting them sit over night, which I probably won't do again. They didn't rise well in the morning. However, the dough rose really well the first time last evening.
Best Cinnamon Rolls
Adapted from the Food Network Recipes: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/cinnamon-rolls-recipe/index.html & http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-cinnamon-rolls-recipe/index.html
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4-ounce package yeast (2.25 tsp)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup scalded milk (See below for directions)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 cup brown sugar,
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar for pan
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg.
- 1/4 C Cream Cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 6 tablespoons Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- To scald milk, heat milk in a pan over the stove top, slowly stirring constantly, until small bubbles form at the edges. If it gets to boiling, it has gone too far and the dough will not rise as much.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until all ingredients are well incorporated, about 5 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 20 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Beginning at the 20-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 350 Deg F. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Cinnamon Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch