This recipe has evolved over time and makes one of the best pots of chili I've had. You might throw a can of dark beer into the pot; but aside from that, save the modifications for the toppings.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (turkey works fine)
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 stocks garlic, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons better than beef bouillon
- 2 (28 ounce) can good diced tomatoes
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- juice from one lime
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 teaspoons adobe sauce from a can of chilpolte peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can each small red kidney (or chili), pinto, garbanzo, black beans.
- 1. Brown meat and set aside
- 2. Heat oil
- 3. Saut vegetables
- 4. Add tomatoes, coffee, tomato paste, beef bouillon, water and lime juice.
- 5. Add spices
- 6. Stir in beans
- 7. Add meat
- 8. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9. Serve with chopped green onions, grated cheddar cheese, corn chips, etc.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tdempsey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Best Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews