I am a carrot cake fan...this is over the top incredible! I made it following the recipe, but made cupcakes. The glaze is delicious, the frosting is "fluffy"...but really it does not need the frosting, as the frosting overpowers the cake!
Best Carrot Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Buttermilk Glaze
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrots and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; cover pan loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, and bake 13 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over cake; cool completely in pan. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting evenly over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note