Great flavor . . . the pesto combination is wonderful.
Best Beef Burgers
Let ground beef stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before grilling.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Combine first 4 ingredients gently. Shape mixture into 6 (5-inch) patties.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center. Serve on Homemade Hamburger Buns.
- Try These Twists!
- Pimiento Cheese-Bacon Burgers: Stir 1/4 cup mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, mint, and oregano) into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with pimiento cheese, cooked bacon slices, lettuce, and tomato slices.
- Sun-dried Tomato-Pesto Burgers: Stir 1 (3-oz.) package sun-dried tomato halves, chopped, and 1 garlic clove, pressed, into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Top each burger with refrigerated pesto, sliced goat cheese, and sliced pepperoncini salad peppers.
- Pineapple-Jalapeño Burgers: Stir 1/3 cup pickled sliced jalapeño peppers, minced, into meat mixture. Proceed as directed. Grill 6 (1/4-inch-thick) pineapple slices over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Top each burger with Cilantro-Jalapeño Cream, grilled pineapple, avocado slices, and a fresh cilantro sprig.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note