- whisk the first 6 dry ingredients (flour, Oats flakes, salt, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest)
- cut butter into 1/4 in. pieces and toss into the dry ingredient
- use pastry cutter, cut butter until it mixes with flour, it remain as small junks but blended with flour
- add nuts and dry fruits and mix well with spoon
- in a separate bowl, mix together liquid ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, orange oil, half and half, honey, orange juice)
- add to dry mix
- stir thoroughly, it will make very stiff batter
- on a parchment paper, flatten with hands and shape to a rectangle that is about 11/4 in. thick
- using bench knife starting along the long side, cut 2 in. strips
- repeat along the short side so you will have 2x2in. Squares
- using the dough cutter, try to separate strips slightly so it will not stick together during baking
- bake at 375F for about 25 minutes or until it is golden brown
- cool for about 10 min
- mix 2 tbs water, 1/8 tsp orange oil and powder sugar.
- drizzle or brush scones with glaze mixture while it is still warm.
Go to full version of