Best Almond Cranberry Scones
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 3/4 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) oats flakes (uncooked old fashion or quick oatmeal cerea
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lemon zest
- 6 tablespoon(s) Unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) almonds toasted and chopped Toasted and chopped
- 1 cup(s) pecans halved Halved
- 1 cup(s) Craisin or dried cranberry
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half or milk
- 2 whole(s) Juice from two oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oranges oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar or Splenda for glaze
- - whisk the first 6 dry ingredients (flour, Oats flakes, salt, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest)
- - cut butter into 1/4 in. pieces and toss into the dry ingredient
- - use pastry cutter, cut butter until it mixes with flour, it remain as small junks but blended with flour
- - add nuts and dry fruits and mix well with spoon
- - in a separate bowl, mix together liquid ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, orange oil, half and half, honey, orange juice)
- - add to dry mix
- - stir thoroughly, it will make very stiff batter
- - on a parchment paper, flatten with hands and shape to a rectangle that is about 11/4 in. thick
- - using bench knife starting along the long side, cut 2 in. strips
- - repeat along the short side so you will have 2x2in. Squares
- - using the dough cutter, try to separate strips slightly so it will not stick together during baking
- - bake at 375F for about 25 minutes or until it is golden brown
- - cool for about 10 min
- Glaze preparation:
- - mix 2 tbs water, 1/8 tsp orange oil and powder sugar.
- - drizzle or brush scones with glaze mixture while it is still warm.
- - Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Qabdullah and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note