BESSIE’S BBQ SHRIMP
When Bessie lived in Nashville, she craved Gulf Coast seafood. She began making this dish for friends, and it quickly became a favorite. Source: http://www.mobilebaymag.com/Mobile-Bay/October-2012/Woods-to-Water/
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- See below
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1/4 pound margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Rex Liquid Crab Boil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, with heads on
- French bread, for serving
- 1. Panfry bacon in large sauté pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- 2. Add all ingredients except shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir often to create the butter base and to prevent ingredients from sticking to the pan.
- 3. Place shrimp in pan and cover with butter base. Sauté approximately 4 - 6 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Serve with warm French bread, covered in sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AlanMatherne and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BESSIE’S BBQ SHRIMP Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes