As an eggplant parm lover, I really enjoyed this lighter version. It was easy to make and my whole family gave me compliments. I did use my own homemade sauce, but otherwise followed as-is and was very happy with the results.
Bertolli Baked Eggplant Parmigiana
More From Bertolli Pasta Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 lbs.), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 large eggs, beaten with 3 Tbsp. water
- 8 ounces ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 jars Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine bread crumbs with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in medium bowl. Dip eggplant in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture, coating well. Arrange eggplant in single layer on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
Evenly spread 1 cup Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer 1/3 of the baked eggplant, then 1-1/2 cups Sauce, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan cheese; repeat. Top with remaining eggplant and Sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cost per recipe*: $13.80
Cost per serving*: $1.73
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note