- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt; cut in 1/2 cup butter and shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle ice water evenly over surface, stirring until ingredients can form a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured cloth. Roll into a 16- x 12-inch rectangle. Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter over surface of pastry.
- Combine blackberries, raspberries, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and nutmeg, tossing lightly to coat well. Spread evenly over pastry.
- Starting at long edge, roll up dough jellyroll fashion; press seam to seal. Cut berry roll in half; place each half on a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350°, and bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool slightly, and cut into slices. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Note: 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed and drained, may be substituted for fresh. One roll may be frozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts