While this recipe looks easy enough, & sounds tasty for individual hand pies, saying they are a fun on the stick treat looks more like a recipe for a lot if sad people. How many mini pies hit the floor while trying to photograph that happy child, before someone had him hold & support the pie? You disappoint me "My Recipes". I have relied on you for years to help me, & this whole concept is a MISS!
Berry Pie Pops
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 178mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (6-ounce) package raspberries
- 1 (6-ounce) package blueberries
- Cooking spray
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 8 minutes or until juices thicken. Pour mixture into a medium bowl; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Roll 1 dough portion into a 12-inch circle. Cut out 8 (3 1/2-inch) rounds; arrange in a single layer on prepared pan. Reroll scraps; cut out 4 more rounds. Place on pan. Cover dough rounds; refrigerate. Repeat with remaining dough portion for 12 more dough rounds; place on work surface.
- 4. Cut 3 small slits in center of 12 dough rounds on work surface; set aside. Place 1 craft stick on each of remaining 12 rounds on pan, pressing slightly; top each with 4 teaspoons filling, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Moisten borders with water using your finger. Place rounds with slits over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Mix milk and egg white; brush gently over pie pops.
- 5. Bake at 450° for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pan 3 minutes; carefully place pie pops on a wire rack; cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note