I made these ahead and served them chilled. They were a big hit at a Thanksgiving potluck. I liked the mild spiciness and the interesting blend of flavors. Also, I don't care for red salsa, so I used green instead. Delicious!
Berry 'n' Smoked Turkey Twirls
A new twist on a traditional appetizer that's just bursting with low-fat flavor. Make ahead for added convenience on hectic party days. Perfect for a potluck Thanksgiving. From Patricia Harmon-Baden: Pennsylvania. Recipe published in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008.
Refrigerate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 8-ounce package(s) Neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 pound(s) thinly sliced deli smoked turkey, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoon(s) salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- • In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the cheese blend, turkey, cranberries, olives, salsa and chili powder. Spread 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- • Unwrap and cut into scant 1-in. slices. Serve chilled or place 1 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 40 appetizers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note