Berry and Melon Napoleon
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large honeydew melons
- 20 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries, halved
- Powdered sugar
- Garnishes: fresh mint leaves, whipped cream, fresh blueberries
- Cantaloupe Sauce
- Beat whipping cream until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut 3 (3/4-inch-thick) slices from outer edges of each honeydew without cutting into cavities. Peel slices. Cut 1 round from each slice with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Cut rounds in half horizontally. Set aside. Reserve remaining honeydew for other uses.
- Cut 12 strawberries in half lengthwise; slice remaining strawberries.
- Spoon a whipped cream mound in center of each serving dish. Arrange 4 strawberry halves, cut side down, around each whipped cream mound. Top each whipped cream mound with a honeydew round, raspberries, and a dollop of whipped cream. Top with a honeydew round, blackberries, and a dollop of whipped cream. Top with a honeydew round, sliced strawberries, and a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with sugar. Garnish, if desired, and serve with Cantaloupe Sauce.
- Note: For a less formal presentation, toss bite-size sliced fruit with the sweetened whipped cream and cantaloupe sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Berry and Melon Napoleon Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts