Berry-Melon Agua Fresca
Sweet-tart aguas frescas, served all over Mexico, make great summer coolers. Prep Time: 20 minutes. Notes: Substitute cantaloupe or watermelon for the honeydew; add sugar gradually to avoid oversweetening.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 124
- Calories from fat: 2.9%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 cups peeled honeydew melon chunks (see notes)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- About 1/3 cup sugar
- About 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1. In a blender, combine fruit and 2 cups cold water. Whirl until puréed and add sugar and lime juice to taste.
- 2. Pour mixture through a strainer into a serving pitcher. Serve cold.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Berry-Melon Agua Fresca Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Beverages, Nonalcoholic
- CONVENIENCE: Kid-Friendly, No-Cook, Quick/Easy, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: Mexican
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Blender
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer
- PUBLICATION: Sunset