Berry-Mandarin Tossed Salad
The recipe for this beautiful blend came from a local berry farm. A wonderful accompaniment to cold chicken and a loaf of crusty bread. From Linda Jo Wahlgren: Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin. Recipe published in Quick Cooking May/June 2000.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup(s) canola oil
- 8 cup(s) torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 11-ounce can(s) mandarin orange, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup(s) slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- • In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- • In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 12-14 servings.
- Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note