Berry Hearts with Chocolate-Orange Cream
More From Sunset
- Calories: 487
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 7.7g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 235mg
- Cholesterol: 182mg
- Cream puff dough
- Chocolate-orange cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Garnish: semisweet chocolate curls, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa
- 1. On two lightly buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets, using a narrow spatula, shape 1/4-cup portions of Cream Puff Dough into hearts 3 inches across widest dimension and 3 inches long in the center. Make the V in the top of the hearts deep, since they lose definition as they bake (see notes).
- 2. Bake in a 375° regular or convection oven until puffs are golden, 25 to 35 minutes; if baking the sheets at the same time in one oven, switch their positions halfway through. With a wooden skewer, poke each puff in several places, then continue baking until golden brown, dry, and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes longer. Transfer puffs to racks to cool completely.
- 3. Slice hearts in half horizontally. Set each base on a dessert plate and fill with Chocolate-Orange Cream.
- 4. Rinse and drain raspberries; pat dry. Distribute berries evenly over filling (save a few for garnish if desired). Set heart tops over berries. Garnish with semisweet chocolate curls and sift powdered sugar or unsweetened cocoa lightly over the top.
- Nutritional analysis per heart.
Notes: If you're uncomfortable shaping the hearts freehand, use a felt-tipped pen to draw heart shapes at least 2 inches apart on cooking parchment cut to fit baking sheets. Turn paper over, place on sheets, and spread paste to fill outlines. For the crispest puffs, fill just before serving; otherwise, fill up to 4 hours ahead, then cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This