Berry Ginger Pie
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.52
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- 2 refrigerated piecrusts (homemade or a 15 oz. box)
- 6 cups mixed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 4 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- Sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bring 1 piecrust to room temperature. Roll out and fit into a 9-inch pie plate, letting excess hang over. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place pie plate on baking sheet.
- Toss berries in a bowl with tapioca, sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to pie shell. Dot fruit with butter. Remove second dough circle from refrigerator and roll out (or unroll packaged dough). Cut a few slits in crust with a sharp paring knife to vent pie.
- Whisk egg with 2 tsp. water; brush on edge of pie shell. Lay dough disk on filling. Press edges together and trim excess, leaving 1 inch hanging over. Roll dough edge under itself; crimp. Brush top of crust with egg wash; sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F; bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool pie on a rack for 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts