Berry Cream Tart (Revised)
Community Recipe from
- Tart Shell
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened if working by hand
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pastry Cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 container(s) cream softly whipped
- 4 cup(s) berries blueberries and raspberries are nice
- TART SHELL: Preheat oven to 400. Grease or butter the bottom not the sides of a 10 inch two-piece tart pan. Dust the bottom with four. Whisk together in a bowl or process for 10 seconds in a food processor: flour; sugar; and salt. Add the butter and mash with the back of a fork or process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg yolk. Mix with a spatula or process just until the dough comes together. Pat the dough evenly over the bottom and sides of the prepared pan. Prick the bottom and sides with a fork. Bake until golden brown about 18 minutes.
- PASTRY CREAM: Heat1 cup milk until small bubbles appear around the edges. Meanwhile in a heavy 2 quart saucepan stir sugar, cornstarch, gelatin, salt and remaining 1/2 cup cold milk until smooth. Gradually stir in hot milk. Stir over medium heat about 8 minutes until gelatin is dissolved, smooth, and coats metal spoon. Remove from heat; stir 1/2 cup into egg yolks, return to remaining mixture in saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat about 2 minutes just until slightly thickened. Remove from heat stir in vanilla. Chill about 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture mounds. Fold whipped cream into custard until smooth. Pour into tart shell. Chill 45 minutes and fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by socorro411 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Berry Cream Tart (Revised) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts