Photo: Van Chaplin; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (12-oz.) packages frozen raspberries*
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Place 4 Tbsp. butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, and put skillet in a 350° oven 10 minutes or until butter is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, toss raspberries with 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl.
- 3. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- 4. Add hot melted butter to flour mixture, and stir until blended. Pour batter evenly into skillet. Pour berry mixture into center of batter.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in crust comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 (12-oz.) packages frozen mixed berries may be substituted for frozen raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts