Berry and Browned Butter Waffle
The freezer aisle of your grocery store is stocked with a hearty selection of whole-grain toaster waffles that have less than 100 calories per serving. That's a low-calorie, grain-rich base for tasty combos that go way beyond butter and syrup. The fruity options are great, but we love savory ones, too.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 109mg
- 1 Van's Multigrain Belgian waffle
- 2/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons browned butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- Start with Van's Multigrain Belgian waffle. Add strawberries tossed in brown sugar, browned butter, and fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This