Berry breakfast braid
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water (105`f to 115`f)
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) scalded milk (cooled)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 to 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- filling and icing follows
- 1)Dissolve yeast in warm water.2)Stir in sugar,milk,egg and butter.3)Add 1 cup flour stirring until smooth.4)Add enough remaining flour to make dough stiff enough to knead.5)Turn dough onto lightly floured board .6)Knead 5 to 10 minutes.7)Until smooth and elastic.8)Place dough is greased bowl,turning once.9)Cover.10)Let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours until doubled.11)Punch dough down.12)Roll onto on lightly floured board to 13-by-10 inch rectangle.13)Place on lightly greased baking sheets.14)With shape knife make 3-inch cuts at 1/2-inch intervals on long side of rectangle.15)Spread filling down center of filling-1)Combine 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 egg,mixing will.2)Spread down center of dough.3)Sprinkle with 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar and 2 cups frozen berries. Icing-1)Stir 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tbsp.milk or enough to drizzle.2)Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extra.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes