Berry breakfast braid
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water (105`f to 115`f)
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) scalded milk (cooled)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 to 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- filling and icing follows
- 1)Dissolve yeast in warm water.2)Stir in sugar,milk,egg and butter.3)Add 1 cup flour stirring until smooth.4)Add enough remaining flour to make dough stiff enough to knead.5)Turn dough onto lightly floured board .6)Knead 5 to 10 minutes.7)Until smooth and elastic.8)Place dough is greased bowl,turning once.9)Cover.10)Let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours until doubled.11)Punch dough down.12)Roll onto on lightly floured board to 13-by-10 inch rectangle.13)Place on lightly greased baking sheets.14)With shape knife make 3-inch cuts at 1/2-inch intervals on long side of rectangle.15)Spread filling down center of filling-1)Combine 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 egg,mixing will.2)Spread down center of dough.3)Sprinkle with 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar and 2 cups frozen berries. Icing-1)Stir 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tbsp.milk or enough to drizzle.2)Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extra.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note