I am making this one for a party again. It is super easy to make and everyone loves it.
Berry Bread Pudding With Vanilla Cream Sauce
Make the sauce the day before, and reheat in the microwave. Assemble the bread pudding when the roast comes out of the oven, and bake it while you have dinner. This is a moist bread pudding.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 50 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cubed
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (do not thaw)
- 1 cup frozen blackberries (do not thaw)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla Cream Sauce
- Garnishes: fresh raspberries, powdered sugar
- Arrange half of bread pieces in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Arrange frozen berries in a single layer over bread. Top with remaining bread pieces.
- Whisk eggs and next 6 ingredients until smooth. Slowly pour egg mixture over bread, pressing down with a wooden spoon until bread absorbs mixture. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, brush evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar, and bake 30 more minutes or until set. Remove from oven, and let stand 30 minutes. Serve with Vanilla Cream Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note