Berry Bread Pudding
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
3 Hours, 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Carbohydrate: 56.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 346mg
- Calcium: 270mg
- 1/2 (16-oz.) Italian bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (12-oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- Raspberry Sauce
- 1. Place bread in 6 (8-oz.) oval-shaped cast-iron baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour over bread in baking dishes (about 2/3 cup egg mixture each). Dot top of each with 1 Tbsp. preserves. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove baking dishes from refrigerator, and let stand 15 minutes. Bake 38 to 40 minutes or until tops are crisp and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- Note: For a one-dish dessert, place bread in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 2, dotting top of bread mixture with all 6 Tbsp. raspberry preserves. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is crisp and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with sauce. Makes 6 servings. Hands-on Time: 15 min.; Total Time: 3 hr., 25 min.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1 Tbsp. Raspberry Sauce.
- Try These Twists!
- Whey Low sweeteners offer a great-tasting reduced-sugar option. Find them at Whole Foods Market, or order online at wheylow.com.
- Reduced-Sugar Bread Pudding and Reduced-Sugar Raspberry Sauce: Prepare Berry Bread Pudding and Raspberry Sauce as directed, substituting Whey Low Granular for sugar in each.
- Per serving (including 1 Tbsp. sauce): Calories 267; Fat 4.6g (sat 1.6g, mono 1.6g, poly 0.9g); Protein 12.6g; Carb 55.6g; Fiber 1.2g; Chol 96mg; Iron 1.8mg; Sodium 346mg; Calc 270mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts