Berry-Banana Walnut Bread
For blueberries, use 1 cup of mashed berries; for raspberries, use 1 1/2 cup whole berries. Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup(s) strawberries mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup(s) cooking oil
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) orange peel shredded
- 1 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. In another bowl, stir together eggs, sugar, mashed berries, banana, oil and orange peel. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 9'x5"x3" loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on a rack. Wrap and store overnight. Makes one loaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bawot74 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Berry-Banana Walnut Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts