Mixed Berries with Orange Mascarpone Cream
Summertime means berries and stone fruits. You can take advantage of the abundance and low prices of the season, and serve them for a quick and easy dessert. Any combination of berries will work; even add a sliced nectarine or two.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup vanilla 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Orange curls (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Combine strawberries and next 3 ingredients (through blackberries) in a medium bowl. Gently stir in sugar, mint, and orange juice. Spoon fruit mixture into bowls; top evenly with mascarpone cream. Garnish with orange curls and mint leaves, if desired.
- Tip: Don't wash your berries until you're ready to use them; otherwise they can go bad quickly. Once you wash them, dry them gently on paper towellined jelly-roll pans. Give them a gentle shake to remove excess water. Also, I buy organic when possible because berries easily absorb pesticides.
- Kids Can Help: When washing berries, line baking sheets with paper towels. Then let kids rinse the berries in a colander, dump them onto the baking sheets, and give them a shake to dry them.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note