A mix of golden beets and chewy whole-grain brown rice makes up our Berkeley Veggie Burger. Chopped toasted walnuts and blue cheese add subtle crunch and rich flavor to this Veggie Burger.
Cooking Light JULY 2013
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Place rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 400°; place a baking sheet in oven.
4. Combine beet and next 6 ingredients (through rice). Combine mustard, eggs, and egg white. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and mustard mixture to beet mixture; stir well. Spoon about 2/3 cup rice mixture into a (4-inch) round biscuit cutter; pack mixture down. Remove mold; repeat 5 times to form 6 patties.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Carefully add 3 patties to pan; cook 3 minutes. Carefully transfer patties to preheated baking sheet coated with cooking spray, turning patties over. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 3 patties. Return baking sheet to oven; bake patties at 400° for 12 minutes.
6. Combine mayonnaise, juice, cheese, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place bottom half of each roll on a plate. Divide mayonnaise mixture among roll bottoms; top each with 1 patty. Arrange 1/4 cup arugula on each patty; top with roll tops.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to Full Version of