Benton's Bacon-Infused Cocktail from Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams
Photo: Oxmoor House
The idea of a bacon-bourbon cocktail was born at a bar named PDT in—of all places—New York City. Here's Mr. Benton's version.
Yield: Makes 16 servings
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle bourbon
- Maple syrup
- 1 (4-oz.) bottle bitters
- Garnish: orange zest twists
- 1. Strain bacon drippings into bourbon in a carafe or other pitcher. Let stand 8 hours.
- 2. Chill the bacon-infused bourbon until fat rises to the top; skim fat.
- 3. For each cocktail, pour 1/4 cup bacon-infused bourbon into an old-fashioned glass filled with desired amount of ice; stir in 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1/8 teaspoons bitters. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note