Bento Cucumber Sesame Salad
Spicy vinegared cucumber chunks with sesame flavor.
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) cucumber, sliced into bite-size pieces or julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Dashi granules(powdered japanese fish stock)(optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Mirin(sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil(if you like more oil in your dressing, use 1tsp)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sesame seeds(toasted if you want a stronger sesame flavor)
- Prepare your cucumber/s, place in a collander, and sprinkle salt on top. Stir and drain for 15 minutes. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients, except seeds, until granules are dissolved. Microwave 10 seconds to bring out the spice in the pepper flakes. Put cucumber in a medium bowl and pour mixture over. Stir to coat. You can either stir in the sesame seeds, or use them as garnish. I like them stirred in. For best flavor, refrigerate for an hour before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NikkiBu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note