Made them plain because that's all the ingredients I had...great basic brownie recipe!! Added PB & white chip "frosting" to finish them off. Everyone was happy :)
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cup(s) white sugar
- 4 whole(s) large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) white flour
- 1 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) walnuts, chopped
- Optional Macaroon Topping
- 1 can(s) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cup(s) dessicated, unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- Optional Frosting
- 2 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with parchment, or grease and flour pan.
- Melt butter. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, cocoa and salt. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture in several allotments; mix well after each allotment. Fold in walnuts. Spoon brownie mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- If adding macaroon topping, pour condensed milk into medium size bowl. Add coconut and vanilla. Stir well. Dollop coconut mixture evenly on top of brownie mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies pull away from the side of the dish.
- If frosting is desired, cool brownies at least 15 minutes before frosting. Melt chocolate chips with peanut butter in microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Stir well to ensure chocolate chips are fully melted. Spread evenly over brownies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SifterBentley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes