Bentley Biscuit Ring
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) white flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine, cold
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free mayonaisse
- 3 stalk(s) green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) savory
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Filling substitutes: Replace chicken with one of the following
- 1 pound(s) cooked ground beef (substitute oregano for savory)
- 1 can(s) salmon or tuna (leave out savory)
- Preheat oven to 400 F .
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender (or two knives) until crumbly. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk. Stir quickly to combine. Dough should be soft, but not sticky; add a little more flour if needed and knead gently 4 or 5 times to make a smooth ball. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle about 10" x 14", with a thickness of approximately 1". Let rest.
- In another bowl, mix together chicken, soup, mayo, green onion, cheese and spices. Spoon mixture over dough and spread evenly. Roll up dough from a long side, being careful not to roll too tightly, so the filling stays in place. Gently lift dough onto a baking stone (or greased pizza pan), and arrange into a horseshoe shape. On the outside of the dough, make about 12 cuts (each cut should be about 3/4 of the way toward the center of the log from the outside, but not cut right through into slices).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve with a green salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SifterBentley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes