Bentley Biscuit Ring
A soft and flaky tea biscuit ring, rolled up with a chicken, hamburg or salmon filling, makes a great main course. Add a green salad (Green Salad with Lemon Parmesan dressing recommended), and your meal is complete. - Dale Bentley
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) white flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup(s) margarine, cold
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free mayonaisse
- 3 stalk(s) green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) savory
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Filling substitutes: Replace chicken with one of the following
- 1 pound(s) cooked ground beef (substitute oregano for savory)
- 1 can(s) salmon or tuna (leave out savory)
- Preheat oven to 400 F .
- Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender (or two knives) until crumbly. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk. Stir quickly to combine. Dough should be soft, but not sticky; add a little more flour if needed and knead gently 4 or 5 times to make a smooth ball. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle about 10" x 14", with a thickness of approximately 1". Let rest.
- In another bowl, mix together chicken, soup, mayo, green onion, cheese and spices. Spoon mixture over dough and spread evenly. Roll up dough from a long side, being careful not to roll too tightly, so the filling stays in place. Gently lift dough onto a baking stone (or greased pizza pan), and arrange into a horseshoe shape. On the outside of the dough, make about 12 cuts (each cut should be about 3/4 of the way toward the center of the log from the outside, but not cut right through into slices).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve with a green salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SifterBentley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note