- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1.87-ounce) cans sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in sesame seeds and vanilla; mix well.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool completely.