Benne Seed Pita Triangles
More From Southern Living
Bake: 13 Minutes
- 1 (18-ounce) package large pita bread rounds
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons benne or sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Split each pita round horizontally into 2 rounds; stack rounds, and cut into 6 wedges to make 72 triangles. Arrange triangles on baking sheets.
- Stir together butter and pepper. Brush mixture evenly over split sides of pita triangles. Sprinkle evenly with benne seeds and salt.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Toufayan Pita Bread. Triangles may be made up to a day ahead. Store in zip-top plastic freezer bags until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This