Benne Seed Coins
This recipe goes with Chocolate-Espresso Pots de Crème with Benne Seed Coins
Yield: Makes 6 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sesame (benne) seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg, beating until blended. Add flour and remaining ingredients, beating well.
- Divide dough in half; roll each portion on wax paper into a 1-inch-thick log. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch slices; place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts