- 4 chicken leg-thigh quarters (about 2 pounds), separated
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup benne seeds
- Garnish: lemon slices
How to Make It
Place chicken in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag.
Process onion and next 9 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; pour over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with benne seeds.
Bake at 375° for 20 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish, if desired.