Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
This riff on the classic Bellini cocktail turns it into a sleek little dessert.
Yield: Serves 8, with 2 cups sorbet left over
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 131
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 8.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) demi-sec sparkling wine, divided
- 1. Cook peaches, sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over low heat until mixture is very hot and peaches have softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in corn syrup and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- 2. Purée until smooth using an immersion blender (or use a regular blender, working in batches). Pour peach purée through a strainer into a bowl, using a ladle to push purée through. Chill mixture until cold.
- 3. Make sorbet: Add 1 cup sparkling wine to peach purée (cork remaining wine and chill until ready to serve), then freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a sealable container and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
- 4. Make Bellini: Pour 1/4 cup reserved sparkling wine into each of 8 chilled Champagne flutes, then top with 3 small scoops of sorbet.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/4 cup sorbet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages