This was in CL's five star recipes cookbook and, although I can see that it has five stars (with only 8 reviews previous to mine), I can only give it three stars. There is absolutely nothing special about this meal. It's edible, quick, and healthy, but that's about it. I have 20 other CL recipes I would rather eat. I followed the recipe exactly and served it with steamed broccoli. This won't be added to my regular recipe rotation.
Bell Pepper Chicken with Feta Orzo
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
Most kids love bell peppers and pasta. Both are featured in this simple, fresh dish. Use only red bell peppers, or try any combination of red, yellow, orange, and green.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup orzo mixture, and 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 46.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- 4 ounces uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 1/2 cup)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While orzo cooks, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Add chicken to pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and bell peppers to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add oregano and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice.
- Combine orzo and feta, and serve with chicken and bell pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note