Belgian Endive Salad with Blue Cheese
Photo: Aya Brackett; Styling: Amy Wilson
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from fat: 83%
- Protein: 2.1g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Cholesterol: 6.3mg
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot (about 1 medium)
- About 1/4 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon aged sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 tbsp. roasted walnut oil* or olive oil
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves; or 1 large head radicchio, quartered and sliced very thinly crosswise
- 1 to 2 tbsp. snipped chives
- About 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine shallot, salt, and vinegar in a bowl and let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in mustard and 3 tbsp. oil and taste. If the vinaigrette is too sharp, whisk in more oil.
- 2. Toss endive gently with vinaigrette and chives. Arrange leaves in a large bowl or on a platter, sprinkling in blue cheese as you go so it's evenly distributed.
- *Find at well-stocked grocery stores.
- Make ahead: Vinaigrette, up to 1 day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads