- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallot (about 1 medium)
- About 1/4 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon aged sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 tbsp. roasted walnut oil* or olive oil
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves; or 1 large head radicchio, quartered and sliced very thinly crosswise
- 1 to 2 tbsp. snipped chives
- About 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- calories 90
- caloriesfromfat 83 %
- protein 2.1 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 2 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- sodium 181 mg
- cholesterol 6.3 mg
How to Make It
Combine shallot, salt, and vinegar in a bowl and let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in mustard and 3 tbsp. oil and taste. If the vinaigrette is too sharp, whisk in more oil.
Toss endive gently with vinaigrette and chives. Arrange leaves in a large bowl or on a platter, sprinkling in blue cheese as you go so it's evenly distributed.
*Find at well-stocked grocery stores.
Make ahead: Vinaigrette, up to 1 day.