Beginner's Indian Curry
This is a mild curry. To make it spicier, increase the ground red chili. You'll find all these spices at your local grocer or online at www.namaste.com.
More From Health
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chili
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (about 1 3/4 cups) cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard and cumin seeds. Cook 2 minutes or until seeds are fragrant, stirring frequently. Combine the tomato and oil in a small bowl; add to the seeds. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Stir in the turmeric, red chili, and salt. Cook, stirring, for another minute.
- 3. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk; cover. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 4. Serve hot, spooned over warm basmati rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note