- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red chili
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (about 1 3/4 cups) cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- calories 219
- fat 12 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 71 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 145 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard and cumin seeds. Cook 2 minutes or until seeds are fragrant, stirring frequently. Combine the tomato and oil in a small bowl; add to the seeds. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in the turmeric, red chili, and salt. Cook, stirring, for another minute.
Add chicken and cook for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk; cover. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve hot, spooned over warm basmati rice.