Beggar's Purses With Smoked Salmon
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 green onions
- Basic Crêpes
- 1 (2-ounce) jar red or black caviar
- 1 pound smoked salmon
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in chives, salt, and pepper.
- Cut white portion from green onions off, reserving for another use. Separate tops into individual pieces. (You'll need 20 to 24 strips.) Cook green onion tops in boiling water 1 minute or until bright green and tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and press between paper towels to dry.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture in center of each crêpe; top with 1/2 teaspoon caviar. Bring edges of crêpe up around filling to form a sack; tie with 1 green onion top. Arrange bundles around smoked salmon to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This