Beggar's Purses With Smoked Salmon
For a simpler presentation, spoon cream cheese mixture in miniature phyllo cups, top with caviar, and sprinkle with sliced green onion tops or fresh chives.
Yield: Makes 20 to 24 appetizers
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 green onions
- Basic CrÃªpes
- 1 (2-ounce) jar red or black caviar
- 1 pound smoked salmon
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in chives, salt, and pepper.
- Cut white portion from green onions off, reserving for another use. Separate tops into individual pieces. (You'll need 20 to 24 strips.) Cook green onion tops in boiling water 1 minute or until bright green and tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and press between paper towels to dry.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture in center of each crêpe; top with 1/2 teaspoon caviar. Bring edges of crêpe up around filling to form a sack; tie with 1 green onion top. Arrange bundles around smoked salmon to serve. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes