Simple and delicious. I used organic fresh vacuum-packed beets from Costco and bottled balsamic vinaigrette (didn't realize I was out of balsamic vinegar) so it was a snap to put together.
Beets with Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Baby Greens
Pair roasted beets and goat cheese with crisp baby greens and crunchy walnuts for a salad that almost explodes with flavor and color. You can prepare the beets up to two days in advance.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 178mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 6 medium beets (red and golden), about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets and 1 cup water in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender. Cool beets slightly. Trim off roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into wedges; cool completely.
- 3. Place greens and parsley in a large bowl; toss. Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over greens mixture; toss gently. Arrange 1 cup salad on each of 8 plates; top evenly with beets. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note