Put 1/2 inch of water into a flat bottom bowl, poked holes in the beets and microwaved whole on high for 5.5 minutes. The dill is a must in this recipe - tasted the sauce before and after and there is a huge difference. Peeled and cubed the beets (the better to get more yummy sauce). Very happy with result - instant hit.
Beets with Dill and Walnuts
Beets are ready when they can be pierced with a fork without too much resistance. If they're not quite tender enough, put them back under pressure for a minute or two. Prep the dressing while the beets cook.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 148
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16.5g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 2 pounds beets (about 6)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place in a 6-quart pressure cooker; add 2 1/2 cups water. Close lid securely; bring to high pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium or level needed to maintain high pressure; cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 6 minutes. Release pressure through steam vent, or place cooker under cold running water to release pressure. Remove lid. Drain and rinse beets with cold water. Drain; cool. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut beets in half vertically; cut each half into 4 wedges. Place in a medium bowl.
- 2. Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Slowly drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until well combined. Toss oil mixture with beets; let stand 15 minutes, tossing gently occasionally. Stir in dill. Top with walnuts just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note