- 1 teaspoon white or black sesame seed (see notes)
- 1 can (15 oz.) sliced beets, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac (see notes) or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- calories 38
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- protein 1.7 g
- fat 0.7 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 7.4 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- sodium 175 mg
- cholesterol 0.8 mg
How to Make It
In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir or shake white sesame seed until golden, 4 to 5 minutes (don't toast black sesame seed). Pour into a small bowl.
To sesame seed, add beets, yogurt, onion, sumac, and thyme; mix.
Arrange a lettuce leaf on each plate and mound beet salad equally onto leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.