Beets and Preserved Lemon Bruschetta
Salt-cured preserved lemon and chives add a lot of complexity to this simple appetizer. You can pick up the roasted beets at your specialty grocery store deli, or roast your own. If you're doubling or tripling the recipe for a party, you can set out the toppings and the grilled toasts brushed with olive oil to let your guests build their own.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 541mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup diced roasted beets
- 1 to 2 tbsp. minced preserved lemon*
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus longer chive pieces for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 16 baguette slices, brushed with olive oil and grilled
- Combine beets, preserved lemon to taste, snipped chives, and oil in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread a heaping tbsp. of beet mixture on each baguette toast. Garnish with chive pieces.
- *Find preserved lemon at well-stocked grocery stores; salt-preserved Meyer lemons are especially delicious (you'll find them at robertlambert.com).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note