Beets and Farro with Smoky Almonds
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 124mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 2 1/2 pounds beets; combination gold and red (6 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups dried farro
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 ounces (4 cups loosely packed) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange beets in single layer in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Cover dish tightly with foil and roast beets until tender (1 to 1 1/4 hours). Once cool enough to handle, remove skin and cut each into 6 to 8 wedges.
- 2. While beets roast, cover farro with cold water in a bowl and soak 30 minutes; drain, discarding water. Bring farro, 4 cups water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium (2- to 3-quart) saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until just tender (15-20 minutes). Drain.
- 3. Whisk together vinegar, honey, and pepper until combined; add oil in a stream, whisking to combine.
- 4. Transfer farro to a large bowl. Stir half of dressing into hot farro; add beets, arugula, almonds, and remaining vinaigrette, and stir gently to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beets and Farro with Smoky Almonds Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables