I used regular mustard instead of dijon, and threw in some balsamic and red wine vinegar and a dash of cumin. Let the flavors come together for atleast an hour. My beets had greens on them still and I read that they are super nutritious so they were added to the mix. I did forget about the almonds but they weren't missed much.
Beets with Couscous, Mint, and Almond
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
You can use red or golden beets.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Sodium: 254mg
- 1 pound halved peeled beets
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons mint
- 1. Wrap beets in parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH until tender (about 7 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. Bring water to a boil. Add couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add beets and couscous. Top with almonds and mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This