- 1 pound halved peeled beets
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons mint
- calories 201
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- sodium 254 mg
How to Make It
Wrap beets in parchment paper. Microwave at HIGH until tender (about 7 minutes). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
Bring water to a boil. Add couscous; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
Combine shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add beets and couscous. Top with almonds and mint.