Beet Spinach Salad (mint and raspberries)
This salad's fresh taste is provided by beets, spinach, mint and onion. From Marguerite Shaeffer: Sewell, New Jersey. Recipe published in Taste of Home August/September 2002.
Refrigerate: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large fresh beets
- 2 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh mint
- 4 cup(s) torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh raspberries
- • Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-in. strips.
- • In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard until blended; gradually whisk in oil. Add the sugar, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the beets, onions, mint and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- • In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, orange sections, beet mixture and remaining vinaigrette; toss. Top with raspberries. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note