Very good. It wasn't one of those recipes that overpowered you with its greatness, but one that once you start eating, you just can't stop. Went well with some chicken.
Beet Slaw with Tangerines and Yogurt
Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 52
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 208mg
- Cholesterol: 0.9mg
- 3 large beets (1 lb. total), trimmed
- Zest from 2 tangerines
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1. Put beets in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high until tender when pierced, about 10 minutes; or use leftover cooked beets.
- 2. Slip off peels under cold running water, then shred beets into a medium bowl. Add zest, tangerine juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and yogurt; stir to combine. Serve with tangerine segments over salad greens, or alongside roasted chicken or lamb.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note