Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
A lovely salad to celebrate the changing seasons with the flavors of fresh roasted beets, sweet citrus, rich cheese and tangy vinaigrette. From Mary S. Moskovitz: Ventnor, New Jersey. Recipe published in Country Woman October/November 2008.
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 fresh beets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 bunch(es) watercress
- 1/4 cup(s) walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- • For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- • Place beets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into thin slices.
- • Just before serving, arrange watercress on a platter or individual plates; top with beets. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese; whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note