We loved this salad. The dressing was perfect for beets. Also good for those that didn't want the beets. Used mixed luttuce from the garden and chopped the walnuts as we had a toddler eating with us.
Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 fresh beets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 bunch(es) watercress
- 1/4 cup(s) walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- • For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- • Place beets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into thin slices.
- • Just before serving, arrange watercress on a platter or individual plates; top with beets. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese; whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note